- Contribute an additional €50m per annum to the regional economy
- Deliver 13.21% more economic activity than two individual IoTs.
In addition the MTU will make the South West region more desirable as a destination to study, live and do business in, through:
- Provision of required skills and competencies to a variety of learners (e.g. school leavers, mature students and CPD learners) via varied and flexible modes of delivery;
- Engaging in leading-edge research and innovation in cooperation with enterprise and social partners in the region;
- Supporting enterprise development and growth with a particular focus on indigenous start-up and SME enterprises;
- Operating with an over-arching culture of responsiveness which is focused on recognising the requirements of stakeholders and delivering on those requirements;
- Partnering with community and social groups to facilitate initiatives aimed at delivering benefits and social capital within the region.